[rt-users] rt2-to-rt3 problem

Andrey Vovk vovk at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Wed Aug 4 12:14:59 EDT 2004

Hi,

We use RT2 in production last 2.5 years on Linux and Solaris.
One of our installations has ~50K tickets in it. There were
some problems, but I'd say we are happy with what we have.

I'm trying to upgrade RT to 3.2.1. I've build a separate database
and started a new RT. The web interface works fine.
The problem is with rt2-to-rt3. Export went fine, no errors or warnings.
Import breakes something. dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 does not want to
create users with email addresses from our domain (others are OK):

.uCreating user somebody at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
.Failed to create user for$VAR1 = {
          'Comments' => 'Autocreated on ticket submission',
          'RealName' => 'Name Lastname',
          'Creator' => '1',
          'EmailAddress' => 'somebody at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov',
          'LastUpdatedBy' => '1',
          'Created' => '2003-02-28 22:11:26',
          'Name' => 'somebody at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov',
          'LastUpdated' => '2003-02-28 22:11:26'
        };

After that, when it imports tickets, there are errors with the same address:

.t-1684
Failed to create user 'somebody at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov': Email address in use
.t-8597

MySQL 4.0.17 on a separate Linux box,
Perl 5.8.5 and RT on a Solaris 8 machine.

Any help, thoughts would be grately appriciated.

Thanks
--
Andrey L Vovk
NCBI Systems Group