[rt-users] UGLY EMERGENCY

Aubrey King aking at gblx.net
Mon Aug 9 21:08:17 EDT 2004

We have been happily running an instance of RT2 (and rt1 before that) here
at Global Crossing for several years and, this morning, we had a
catastrophic event happen.. every admin's worst nightmare.  After having
one of two mirrored drives fail, I got right on my new machine to upgrade
to rt3 instead of replacing the drive (we're a poor company nowadays).
Well, this am, after a power hit which took out our ac, the temperatures
rose in our data center (110 degrees +) and my last drive failed.  Now, I
have nothing but a backup of the rt2 database from /usr/local/mysql.

Has anyone had any experience with this?  I need to get my old data from
there (and /opt, which was backed up, too), but I'm not sure if anyone has
a nice script that can just magically import my old stuff from that into
mysql again, but in rt3 format.

Anyone?

Aubrey King
Global Crossing, Ltd.