[rt-users] Custom Field Datatypes

Tony Bowden rt at tmtm.com
Tue Aug 10 18:46:36 EDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 06:07:42PM -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> > Has anyone looked at adding more specific datatypes for custom fields
> > than "select from a list" and "enter text?"  Specifically I'm thinking
> > things like currency values, dates, regex matches...
> Yes. And we've implemented it in the RT 3.3 branch. We just haven't
> exposed UI for setting up the validation.

Any other new features for custom fields?

I'd really like to see better support for adding new values on the fly
for a select list (Movable Type do this well with their Categories), and
a default sort order - it's really painful to have to enter a sort order
for every entry, when I just want the list to be sorted
alphabetically...

Of course, now someone can point out ways to do both of these at the
minute ...

Tony