[rt-users] LDAP solution that works

Carl Makin carl at xena.IPAustralia.gov.au
Tue Aug 10 21:30:34 EDT 2004

Hi Tomas,

Tomas A. P. Olaj wrote:

>1) LDAP for authentication. New users will be created automatically by RT
>   with their username. Of course, new users sending e-mail to RT will be
>   created by their e-mail address. That's not wanted, and we are
>   wondering how others deal with that.

We use LDAP authentication here, but not through Apache.  We use an LDAP
user authentication overlay which handles both logging in and email user
creation.  There are links to it in the "Extensions" part of the
Contributions wiki page at

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?Contributions

It works a treat, except for autogenerating accounts for CCs on an
inbound email.  We can live with that for the moment.

Carl.