[rt-users] LDAP solution that works

Carl Makin carl at xena.IPAustralia.gov.au
Mon Aug 16 19:47:01 EDT 2004

Hi Robert,
Sorry for taking so long to reply.

Robert Paskowitz wrote:

>take off because of some complexities. Our users are stored in all levels of the tree, so a fairly bruteforce recursive check is needed, which is time consuming, wasteful, and doesn't always seem to work. Some of our

How about bringing up another LDAP server with a more standard schema
and populating it from the first at regular intervals.  Our primary LDAP
server is actually populated from several different sources, some of
them other LDAP servers with weird schemas (The PABX management server
for instance) and NT/Active Directory groups.

You could also then get rid of the IMAP authentication as well.

Carl.