[rt-users] configuring RT for sqlite backend

Sean Champ gimbal at commonwerx.org
Tue Aug 17 14:12:07 EDT 2004

Hello,

I've installed the request-tracker3 package from Debian/sid.

I noticed that there's a schema.SQLite - so, assumed that RT has an
sqlite backend. I'm not sure how to cinfugre it, though, to make RT
use sqlite.

It looks like that I should be asking this, mainly:

 about RT_SteConfig.pm :
 - what DatabaseType to set for sqlite?
 - how to set the DatabaseUser, DatabasePassword, DatabaseName for sqlite?

 generally, also:
 - will I need to create the sqlite db myself?
   (for this, I could just load schema.SQLite, of course, once RT is
   configured soit'll find the database - just wondering about this)

 - is there a standard location, maybe something under /var for
   where the put an RT-usable sqlite db?

 - how would RT be configured to know where to find its sqlite database?

and I guess that's all I need to ask.

RT looks great; I'm looking forward to digging in with it

Thanks,
--
Sean