[rt-users] Correspondence scrip help

Jonathan Chen JChen at paymentone.com
Tue Aug 17 19:24:34 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I am wondering if there is any way to resolve RT action when TECH-1 resolves a ticket with correspondence it will not send out 2 emails to the requestor.  The 1st email says the ticket is resolved and the other is basically the same message but using the correspondence template instead of the resolved template.

I tried to use the code below to resolve my issue but its not working because RT sends out the email before my custom action can check if the new ticket value is resolved or not.   I believe my scrip would work if status changed to resolve was done before correspondence.  Is there any way to fix this?

Maybe changing from Stage: TransactionCreate to TransactionBatch would resolve my problem?

Tue Aug 17 15:57:11 2004 	TECH-1 - Correspondence added
Tue Aug 17 15:57:13 2004 	TECH-1 - Status changed from open to resolved

On Correspond
User Defined Notify Requestors and Ccs with template Correspondence

Custom Action:
my $tr = $self->TransactionObj;
if ($tr->Type eq ('Correspond' || 'Comment') && $tr->NewValue ne 'resolved')  {
     return(1);
} else {
     return undef;
}

This electronic mail message contains information belonging to PaymentOne, which may be confidential and/or legal privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, printing, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this electronically mailed information is strictly prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please immediately notify us by electronic mail and delete this message.