[rt-users] Re: RT password fields and logout when using LDAPauth

seph seph at directionless.org
Sun Aug 22 11:46:05 EDT 2004

I'm having a bit of trouble following your email, it sounds like you
have many questions.

If RT is using web auth, there's no logout button. It doesn't really
make sense, given how the authentication works.

RT has a FallBackToInternalAuth setting (whose exact name I forget)
this would let you use the central LDAP stuff for university people,
and the the RT-only users/passwords for external people.

I've seen scrips that will auto-assign a password and mail it to
users. Check the lists archives.

> Someone has earlier said that RT does not support LDAP, but are
> there anyone out there who has hacked the code for this purpose? If
> not, we are thinking about doing that. Leting Apache do the
> authentication is actually not always desireable.

I've seen LDAP patches that will make RT pull it's userdb from ldap,
and auth against it. I don't use them, so I can't say much about
them. I let apache do the auth.

seph