[rt-users] Unbelievable slow?!

Christian Hammers ch at westend.com
Fri Aug 27 08:43:41 EDT 2004

Hello

I'm currently trying out request-tracker3.2 as Debian package and really
like its features.

Sadly, installed on my desktop (Celeron 600MHz, 768MB RAM, Mozilla,
MySQL) it is horrible slow where slow means about 4-5s to display a test
ticket in an else empty system!

I tried the following modes and watched the mysql logfile and the
network traffic with ngrep
  mod_perl
	HTTP uses chunked-encoding and I can watch the ticket tables
        slowly building up
	Configuration:
	  PerlRequire /usr/share/request-tracker3.2/libexec/webmux.pl

	  PerlModule Apache::DBI
	  PerlFreshRestart Off

	  Alias /rt /usr/share/request-tracker3.2/html

	  <Directory /usr/share/request-tracker3.2/html/NoAuth>
	    SetHandler default-handler
	  </Directory>

	  <Directory /usr/share/request-tracker3.2/html>
	    SetHandler perl-script
	    PerlHandler RT::Mason
	  </Directory>

  fast-cgi
	Not much faster, I wait 3s and then the ticket comes immediately
	to display as it does not use chunked encoding.
	Configuration:
	    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
	    FastCgiIpcDir /tmp
	    FastCgiServer /usr/share/request-tracker3.2/libexec/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 120 -processes 4
  	    AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
    	    ScriptAlias /rt
 	    /usr/share/request-tracker3.2/libexec/mason_handler.fcgi/

The MySQL logfiles shows some queries every now and then, I tried them
by hand but they completet in 0.0s.
top shows me that either apache or masing_handler.fcgi are using 90% cpu
time.

Is there anything that I could have configured wrong? I mean it's plain
HTML with a little bit SQL, the page should show up after max 1s...

Any help appreciated!

bye,

-christian-

--
Christian Hammers             WESTEND GmbH  |  Internet-Business-Provider
Technik                       CISCO Systems Partner - Authorized Reseller