[rt-users] Re: two RT3's on the same Debian box

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Aug 27 18:42:12 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 12:55, Rich West wrote:

> I've been running multiple instances of RT for years.  The only trick
> involved is making sure that the FastCgi directives are properly set up
> within the virtual host.

Do you build separate databases under the same Mysql instance?
I've been wondering about the best way to keep an old RT2 instance
around for the rare times when we want to look up how many
tickets someone opened over a long period of time.  For
performance reasons I don't want all those old tickets and
users to be considered in every search and for the moment I
have RT3 on a different machine with a newer mysql. However
it would be nicer if I could run both on the same server as
different vhosts.  Should the RT2 instance run OK as a separate
database in the mysql 4.x instance (it's on 3.2 now)?

----
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com