[rt-users] A question about RT use with Apache2+mod_perl2

Ian Marlier marlier at studentuniverse.com
Mon Aug 30 22:56:02 EDT 2004

First, I acknowledge the warning in the rt-test-dependencies script about
mod_perl2.  I get it, I really do.  But I'm also persistent...

I've got RT installed and basically working fine.  Warning or no, mod_perl2
does seem to be doing the trick _most_ of the time, just not quite all of
it...

Specifically, I can't get a directory index page.  Going to
http://help.studentuniverse.com/ gives me a "The requested URL / was not
found on this server." error.  Going to
http://help.studentuniverse.com/index.html works fine, and gives me the RT
login page.

The same problem exists with sub-pages: clicking on the "Configuration" tab
takes me to http://help.studentuniverse.com/Admin/ -- and I get a "The
requested URL /Admin/ was not found on this server." error.  Going to
http://help.studentuniverse.com/Admin/index.html works fine.

I'm guessing that this has something to do with the HTML::Mason parameter
"decline_dirs", but I don't know enough about Mason to know how to change
it, or where in the RT configuration it may be changed away from the
default.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The machine is a SuSE 9.1 Linux box, with a 2.6 kernel, Perl 5.8.3, and the
latest Perl modules from CPAN.

Pasted below is the part of my apache config dealing with the RT site:

ServerRoot "/opt/rt3/share/html"

LoadModule perl_module                    /usr/lib/apache2/mod_perl.so

DocumentRoot "/opt/rt3/share/html"

<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks Indexes
    AllowOverride None
</Directory>

<Directory "/opt/rt3/share/html">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var index.php index.php3 index.cgi
index.pl

<Directory "/srv/www/perl-lib">
    AllowOverride None
    Options None
    Order allow,deny
    Deny from all
</Directory>

<IfModule mod_perl.c>
    PerlRequire "/etc/apache2/mod_perl-startup.pl"
    PerlRequire "/opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl"

    ScriptAlias /perl/ "/srv/www/cgi-bin/"
    <Location /perl/>
        # mod_perl mode
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
        PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
        Options +ExecCGI
    </Location>

    ScriptAlias /cgi-perl/ "/srv/www/cgi-bin/"
    <Location /cgi-perl>
        # perl cgi mode
        SetHandler  perl-script
        PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::PerlRun