[rt-users] RT 3.0.2 to 3.2.2 database migration

Sheeri Kritzer sheeri.kritzer at tufts.edu
Fri Dec 3 14:48:22 EST 2004

Quoting Mike.Frazer at ipay.com:

> We're currently running on 3.0.2, have been since that version came out.
> It's running on MySQL 3.23.58.  We're planning to move to a new system
> running RT 3.2.2 and MySQL 4.x.  I know there are issues with importing the
> RT database from an older version into MySQL 4.1.  Are there any issues with
> going from 3.23.x to 4.0.x?  Also, are there any tools I need to run to
> convert the 3.0.2 database to a 3.2.2 database?

WRT upgrading MySQL, what issues do you 'know about'?  I don't recall having any
issues when I upgraded MySQL.

As well, every installation comes with upgrade instructions.  You'll want to
follow those instructions; they'll 'convert' the database for you.  (There
really isn't a database conversion, just some schema and/or index changes)

-Sheeri Kritzer
Systems Administrator
University Systems Group
Tufts University