[rt-users] Open Overdue Tickets

Tony Bowden rt at tmtm.com
Sun Dec 5 05:39:40 EST 2004

I'd like to write a simple cron job to auto-set all overdue stalled
tickets back to Open.

This seems like it should be fairly simple, but I'm falling down
somewhat.

I would expect this to be something like:

        rt-crontool --search RT::Search::ActiveTicketsInQueue \
            --search-arg support \
            --condition RT::Condition::Overdue \
            --condition-arg \
            --action RT::Action::SetStatus \
            --action-arg open

However, there is no RT::Action::SetStatus.

Now, I believe that this would be fairly trivial to write (very much
like RT::Action::SetPriority), except I find it difficult to believe
that there isn't something shipped with RT that does this, leading me to
think I must be looking in the wrong place.

Do I really need to write RT::Action::SetStatus, or should I be doing
something else?

Tony