[rt-users] Open Overdue Tickets

Tony Bowden rt at tmtm.com
Sun Dec 5 11:03:04 EST 2004

On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 10:44:13AM -0500, Andy Harrison wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 10:39:40 +0000, Tony Bowden <rt at tmtm.com> wrote:
> > I'd like to write a simple cron job to auto-set all overdue stalled
> > tickets back to Open.
> > However, there is no RT::Action::SetStatus.

> RT::Action::AutoOpen should do what you want.

Well, I'm not sure I want a comment saying "auto-opened on incoming
correspondence". And what about the times when I want to set to New or
Stalled from cron?

> But if the ticket is stalled for a reason, simply changing it to Open
> isn't going to change the reason it was stalled.  Increase the
> priority so that important tickets that are stalled get the attention
> they need.

That's not the way our workflow deals with this. Every ticket that is
stalled has a date to 're-visit' the ticket. It's generally used when we
respond to a customer and want to set a follow-up date in case the
customer doesn't respond. The ticket will get attention again if (a) the
customer responds (which will open the ticket), or (b) the Due Date
arrives, in which case this cron job will re-open it.

Tony