[rt-users] MySQL, Solaris 9 and DBD::mysql

Sakshale eQuorian sakshale at equoria.net
Wed Dec 8 17:38:53 EST 2004

Thanks for helping.

> AFAICS solution is there http://lists.mysql.com/perl/2346

"Recompiling Perl as a 64bit binary *or* recompiling the MySQL
client libraries (not necessarily the server, there's a configure
option --without-server or so) as 32 bit should do."

If my notes are accurate, I compiled it using the options recommended
in $MYSQL_SRC/Docs/manual.txt. (Note, no -m64).

Sun Solaris 8 SPARC with `gcc' 3.2:
     `CC=gcc CFLAGS="-O3 -fno-omit-frame-pointer" CXX=gcc CXXFLAGS="-O3
     -fno-omit-frame-pointer -felide-constructors -fno-exceptions
     -fno-rtti" ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql
     --with-extra-charsets=complex --enable-thread-safe-client
     --enable-local-infile --enable-assembler --with-named-z-libs=no
     --with-named-curses-libs=-lcurses --disable-shared'

Is there anything in these options that looks inappropiate?

Sakshale