[rt-users] RT 3.x migration to new server

Andy Harrison aharrison at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 06:18:34 EST 2004

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 16:33:20 -0500, Vivek Khera <vivek at khera.org> wrote:

> On Dec 8, 2004, at 3:15 PM, Michael Bochynski wrote:
>
> > I would suggest installing RT3.2.2 on the old system and do the
> > upgrade.
> > Then you can just do a mysql dump to the new system. You will have the
> > new system nice and clean :) without any old RT and/or no-longer-needed
> > perl modules.
> >
> > As far as I remember, there are differences in DB schema between 3.0.6
> > and 3.2.2, so you cannot do the dump itself.
> >

> well, why not just copy the DB to the new server, and then pretend the
> new 3.2.2 install is really an upgrade?  you get the same result with
> fewer steps.
>
> Between 3.0 and 3.2 you just have to apply some DB schema changes.  no
> dump/reload crap necessary.

I did this successfully without incident.

Dump the current db, copy it over.   Create the db using your database
admin tool, not make initialize-database.  Restore the db dump on the
new server.  Copy over /RT_BASE/ dir to the new box.  Perform steps as
directed by Upgrade directions.

--
Andy Harrison