[rt-users] Autoreply vs. Notify

Ruediger Riediger ruediger.riediger at Sun.COM
Mon Dec 13 03:06:41 EST 2004

Hello,

I have a probably stupid question, but as I have a special
Autoreply_Local script preventing messages to certain email addresses, I
need to make sure:

What is the difference in between the Actions "Autoreply To Requestors"
and "Notify Requestors"?

Both do more or less

   push ( @To, $self->TicketObj->Requestors->MemberEmailAddresses  );

...so why is Autoreply a separate scrip (beside the fact that it allows
an Autoreply_Local to split out actions which are autoreplying to
requestors and actions where communication to requestors is sent)?

And should (in theory) "On Resolve Notify Requestors with template
Resolved" then not rather read "On Resolve Autoreply To Requestors with
template Resolved"?

Best regards,

	Ruediger Riediger

--
Dr. Ruediger Riediger                              Sun Microsystems GmbH
NSG - SunCERT                                             Komturstr. 18a