[rt-users] Straneg bug in group membership 3.2.2

Anton Ivanov ai1 at ipaccess.com
Fri Dec 17 11:34:14 EST 2004

Bug is as follows:

When deleting a group member the apache-perl process goes into a
tail-spin, slowly eating all memory (it is not very fast, around 700MB
in 30 seconds on a dual opteron). No action seems to be taken. Stracing
the process shows running selects versus the database without doing much
else.

I tried to work out where the group ID is stored in the database, but I
have to admit that I am possibly too stupid.

I see two locations in the db - GroupMembers and CachedGroupMembers. If
you delete the relevant entry from both the user goes away, but still
appears as an AdminCc when working on a ticket. It picks it up from
somewhere else, if someone knows from where it will be much appreciated.

I ended up disabling the group and recreating it under a new name which
fixed the problem.

Has anybody else seen this? (I am currently digging through the
archives, but have not found this particular one yet).

A.