[rt-users] Using !Group in queue permissions

Ian Grant Ian.Grant at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Dec 20 10:11:18 EST 2004

Oops. This time here's the attachment that should have gone with my
previous reply. Sorry.

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 15:36:47 -0500
Graham Dunn <gdunn at inscriber.com> wrote:

> Our "General" queue needs "everyone" view permissions (as we let
> unpriveledged users track their tickets), but people in our external
> support group do not want to see those tickets on their "newest
> unowned tickets" list.
>
> Short of changing the SQL select statement for that box, is there a
> way to set this up using queue permissions?

Here is a local/html/Elements/MyRequests which overrides the one
supplied in rt-3.2.2. It only lists tickets which are on queues which
are also the names of groups the user is a member of. So as long as your
external support people are not members of a group 'General' they will
not be offered those tickets.

It would have been nicer to have a method of determining whether the
current user has a right to own tickets on the queue before listing
those tickets here but I don't know how to do that. Determining user
rights seems to be somewhat involved and not something one can make a
clause in the Elements/TicketList query. I hope someone will correct me
if I'm wrong.