[rt-users] Strange errors after upgrade

CJ Kucera rt at apocalyptech.com
Thu Dec 23 11:58:06 EST 2004

Les Mikesell wrote:
> I think some others have mentioned having to clear the var/mason_data
> directory after upgrades and restart apache to make things work. I've
> never been quite sure what was safe to remove so I rename the existing
> directory and create a new one with the same owner/permissions, but I
> don't think I've ever had to put any of the old stuff back.

I'll give that a shot, though as I mentioned, this was an "upgrade" but
but it was a clean install onto a new box (had just copied database
data over to the new box), so there shouldn't have been anything
conflicting in there.

I *did* manage to find a mention of a similar problem on the list
archives finally, and they recommended a DBI/DBD-mysql recompile, so
I did that and we'll see if that fixes anything.  Dunno how the
stuff on that box could have gotten out of sync, as I'm pretty sure
there's other stuff using it, but it won't hurt to recompile it,
anyway...

-CJ

--
WOW: Kakistocracy        |  "The ships hung in the sky in much the same
apocalyptech.com/wow     |    way that bricks don't." - Douglas Adams,