[rt-users] Control who can see (but not modify) user info?

Andy Harrison aharrison at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 15:12:36 EST 2004

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 13:13:50 -0600, Rick Russell <rickr at rice.edu> wrote:

> Is there a Right in RT that determines whether someone can see the fields
> on the User page? I added "AdminUsers" to the folks who need to see those
> fields, but AdminUsers includes the ability to modify the fields as well
> as see them. Including the password field!
>
>   Is there a right that just allows someone to view the fields?

I don't think there is way in the current rt core.

But you could make a custom version of the
<RT_DIR>/share/html/Admin/Users/Modify.html so that it just did the
Display portion.   Then make a custom version of
<RT_DIR>/share/html/Admin/Users/index.html and change the the while
loop to something like:

%while ( $user = $users->Next) {
%    if ( $session{ CurrentUser }->HasRight( Right => 'SuperUser',
Object => $RT::System )) {

<LI><A HREF="Modify.html?id=<%$user->id%>"><%$user->Name || loc('(no
name listed)')%></a></LI>

%    } else {

<LI><A HREF="DisplayOnly.html?id=<%$user->id%>"><%$user->Name ||
loc('(no name listed)')%></a></LI>

%}

--
Andy Harrison