[rt-users] Re: RT-Users Digest, Vol 9, Issue 64

Joop van de Wege JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl
Sat Dec 25 08:02:20 EST 2004

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 06:53:24 -0500 (EST)
> hi,
> i have a question regarding upgrade.  currently i'm
> running RT2.0.15 with mysql as the database.  i just
> installed on another server RT3.2.2 with oracle 9205.
> i downloaded the migration tool
> http://bestpractical.com/pub/rt/devel/rt2-to-rt3.tar.gz.
>  the README in that tarfile isn't clear on whether the
> migration method is strictly for mysql going tom rt2
> to rt3.  or the migration method will work between
> mysql and oracle.  has anyone try to migrate from rt2
> using mysql to rt3 using oracle?
> thanks
> jim
I have done almost the same thing, I upgraded from Oracle8i and rt 2.013 to Oracle 9i and
rt 3.20. Problem that I encounterd was that rt2-to-rt3 had problems with
attachments. They were correctly exported but its contenttype was not
set and that cause problems during import. The way I fixed that was to
modify the import part slightly. If you run into the same thing I can
look up what I have done.,
There should also be some correspondonce on the maillinglists about this
around juli-aug this year(??)

Joop

--
Joop van de Wege <JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl>