[rt-users] Adding Domain Name to Outgoing Email Addresses

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Feb 2 16:48:04 EST 2004

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 04:41:53PM -0500, Stephen Turner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We'd like to be able to specify email addresses on tickets without
> having to type the domain name (i.e.. just type "joeuser" rather than
> "joeuser at ourfirm.com" ).

I think what you want RT to be doing is canonicalizing the email address
on input, not on output.   Grep the config file for "CanonicalizeEmail".
It may well be that the standard regex won't meet your needs and you'll
need to overlay the entire subroutine, but that should take care of what
you need.

	Jesse