[rt-users] Re: RT 2 stats help (fwd)

Millard, Matt Millard.Matt at principal.com
Wed Feb 4 18:41:28 EST 2004

Sounds like a great thing for http://wiki.bestpractical.com ExternalUtils

Matt

	-----Original Message-----
	From: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com on behalf of Carl Makin
	Sent: Wed 2/4/2004 5:12 PM
	To: David M Dennis
	Cc: tdehesse at uts.edu.au; rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
	Subject: Re: [rt-users] Re: RT 2 stats help (fwd)

	Hi David,

	Thanks for posting this;

	David M Dennis wrote:

	>From: Teo de Hesselle <tdehesse at uts.edu.au>
	>
	>If you really want it, it's at http://lisa.itd.uts.edu.au/rt-stats/
	>
	>
	>Here's what we replaced it with - this is a small shell script which

	I've taken the shell script and converted it into a perl script.  I
	wanted a little more than the script provided and the date function used
	wasn't the same on FreeBSD as on whatever platform the script was written.

	WIth the perl version you can specify a specific queue, or "All" which
	will do all queues.  You can also specify a date range so you can get
	statistics for any period.  I didn't have to modify the select queries
	for our system so it should run on both RT2 and RT3 (We run 3.0.8 here).

	        <days> is the number of days ago to report from.
	        <date from> and <date to> are in the format yyyy-mm-dd.

	It people are interested I can post it onto the list (It's not much
	larger than the original script), or make it available somewhere.  It
	requires DBI and DBD::mysql.

	I also wrote a variant that reports on total slips created per queue for
	a specified time period if people are interested.

	Carl.