[rt-users] Problems executing cgi under mod_perl

David M Dennis dmd at speakeasy.org
Thu Feb 5 11:33:49 EST 2004

Dear RT,

While trying to use cgi scripts I've written I seem to have stumbled
on a whole issue, hopefully someone can point me in right direction.

I have a perl cgi script that runs fine from command line.

When I put the cgi in /usr/lib/cgi-bin, which is referenced by httpd.conf
in the usual way, it instead of executing attempts to download the script
to my browser, which isn't a mime-type issue (I don't think?) because
it works that way regardless of test browser, and other servers I have
run cgi fine.

OK so thats not it.  But what is?  The apache I'm running is 1.3.29 on
debian, loaded up with the list of modules RT requires.  So I think that
means mod_perl and a lot of others.

I am currently reading that
(http://www.the-labs.com/ModPerl/ModPerl_Guide/porting.html) there are
whole entire books on the subject of making cgi run under mod_perl .

Can someone help out with why my script won't seem to run on my server
when other perl will, and when my script will run from command line?

Thanks!

+ Dave Dennis
+ Seattle, WA
+ dmd at speakeasy.org