[rt-users] Auto creating a default password for unpriviledged user

Jonathan Chen JChen at paymentone.com
Sun Feb 8 17:20:34 EST 2004

OK I've found out why it didn't work...

It was because I wanted a default password for a newly created user that caused RT to stop creating a new ticket via email.   After I changed back the settings from "Password => xyz111," to "Password => undef," ticket creation via email worked again.

So how do I go about creating an auto default password for new a unprivileged user if the editing below does not work?    I probably did something wrong....   Thanks for any help you guys can give.

/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm

         my ($Val, $Message) =
                         $NewUser->Create(Name => ($Username || $Address),
                         EmailAddress => $Address,
                         RealName => "$Name",
                         Password => undef,
                         Privileged => 0,
                         Comments => 'Autocreated on ticket submission'
                 );
Jonathan Chen