[rt-users] Postfix + RT3 Guide

Bruce Segal bsegal at DECARIE.COM
Tue Feb 10 09:19:32 EST 2004

I have more or less the same setup, postfix running on the same box as rt, with exchange 2k as our internal mail server. I really didn't have any problems setting it up, but it may be that I randomly picked the right options.

on the rt/postfix box (webring.decarie.com) Below is for one queue.

/etc/aliases
rt: |"/usr/local/www/data/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue Computer --action correspond --url http://Rtmail:xxxxxx@rt.decarie.com/" (using ldap authentication to our AD)

there is an entry in the transport map to send all decarie.com mail from the rt/postfix box over to the exchange server. Mail is addressed as user at decarie.com ... not user at server.decarie.com

/usr/local/etc/postfix/maps/transport
decarie.com     relay:[10.1.1.30]

over in happy exchange/AD land i've got some distribution groups to map rt at decarie.com to rt at webring.decarie.com. This allows us to send mail to rt at decarie.com instead of rt at webring.decarie.com.  (This whole setup seems a bit iffy to me, but it worked immediately and I don't really have time to change it). I seem to remember having an easier time of it before we upgraded (questionable term) to Exchange 2000 from Exchange 5.5

Not sure if any of this makes sense, but it works here.