[rt-users] howto stay logged in and force owner change?

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman at northwestern.edu
Tue Feb 10 12:26:24 EST 2004

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 03:49:23PM +0100, Stephan Uhlmann wrote:
> - - How can I assign a ticket to somebody else without being the owner of the
> ticket? Let's say I'm a manager and a ticket is owned by one of my employees
> but I want to assign it to somebody else

Steal the ticket first and then reassign it. Of course, that means the
manager must have StealTicket rights to the queue.

> I read in the FAQ (http://wiki.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?FAQ) that
> there is the possibility to do a "Force owner change" via the bulk update (I
> guess that means the "Jumbo" update), but I didn't find that option there.

No, not the Jumbo view of a ticket. If you do a search, there will be
a link between the list of found tickets and the refine search box
"Update all these tickets at once." That's the bulk update
facility. When you click on that link, you will be able to change a
variety of things related to all the tickets you select en masse.

Michael
Michael S. Liebman                      m-liebman at northwestern.edu
                  http://msl521.freeshell.org/
"I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
        -Paul Newman in "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"