[rt-users] upgrade steps from 2.0.7 to 3.0.8?

John McCormick John_McCormick at nm.cbc.ca
Wed Feb 11 10:20:25 EST 2004

Hi folks.

Have some questions on a RT upgrade I am working on.  Currently we are
using 2.0.7 and intend to upgrade to RT3.0.8 or the latest current
release by the time this happens.

So - how is the upgrade approached in this case? Is it done through
incremental upgrades to 2.0.15 then doing the DB export to 3, then
incrementals to 3.0.8? Someone has told me this and it makes sense, but
I haven't been able to verify it through the archives.  If that's the
case, I'm in for lots of work.  Does this also mean that the database
must be imported for each incremental release?  I am somewhat unsure of
those details.  Perhaps there is a FAQ I missed with the docs.

Other information: Currently running RT2.0.7 on FreeBSD 4.7, PostgreSQL
7.1.3 with about 8500 tickets with keywords implemented.
The new implementation will be on Redhat Linux ES with PostgreSQL 7.4.

regards,

--
John McCormick
Platform Administration | CBC New Media