[rt-users] Sub Queues

Dirk Pape pape-rt at inf.fu-berlin.de
Fri Feb 13 04:44:21 EST 2004

Hello,

--Am Freitag, 13. Februar 2004 9:23 Uhr +0000 schrieb Brian Scanlan
<brian.scanlan at redbrick.dcu.ie>:

> Queue "Groups" would be very cool. It'd be nice to assign user/group
> rights to an entire "Queue Group" or "sub-queue set".

yes, allthough all these nice additional features make right granting less
transparent.

I have done something different which was helpful for me nd is "somewhat"
complemantary to "queue groups".

I wanted to assign different "admins" and "dispatchers" to some queues and
found that I needed "right groups" for that (admins shall admin custom
keywords of a queue and ACLs, what AdminCCs should not), dispatcher should
only be able to target a queue with tickets.

Since "right groups" are roles, I found out how to implement additional
Queue-Roles (besides AdminCc and Cc) and make them visible and configurable
by the web-interface.

If there is enough interest, I would polish this up some day, and make a
patch/feature proposal.

Dirk.