[rt-users] rt3 root password

Joseph McCarty jmccarty at scoe.org
Fri Feb 13 13:49:03 EST 2004

I found a post from last July on the issue of manually creating a new rt3
root password in MYSQL, there was no reply.  Perhaps someone can help me out
now.

I've executed in the RT3 MYSQL database:

UPDATE Users SET Password = MD5('password') WHERE Name = 'root'

As the person in July found, the resulting encrypted password is longer than
passwords created via the Web TR3 interface.  The new password doesn't work.
The MSQL output showing passwords:

mysql> SELECT id, Name, Password FROM Users;
+------+------------------------------+----------------------------------+
| id   | Name                         | Password                         |
|    1 | RT_System                 | *NO-PASSWORD*                    |
|   10 | Nobody                     | *NO-PASSWORD*                    |
|   12 | root                            | 5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99

|   22 | jmccarty                     | dxUPniEK8E+G4ImIIlaDTg           |
|   24 | plaherty                      | jKHp/hFtIuOlphEJCi14+w           |
|   26 | jschiller                      | 0Z0TgI1E3i2QGHJJv4yNcA           |

What to do?

Thanks,

Joe McCarty