[rt-users] attachment corruption, 5.8.0 v 5.8.3

Jim Rowan jim.rowan at starcore-dsp.com
Tue Feb 17 11:08:58 EST 2004

For what it's worth,

We were happily operating for a long time with perl 5.8.0, rt 3.06 (and
earlier) on FreeBSD 4.9, and never saw any corruption issues.  We
upgraded perl to 5.8.2 in order to run a test/devel instance of RT
alongside our production instance.  After that perl upgrade we started
experiencing the corruption.

I can't say that the installation details of the two perl instances were
the same, so it might not have been related to the version but to
something about how it was built.  In addition, a few modules were
upgraded (I used CPAN), so it might be related to versions of some
module...

An upgrade to 5.8.3 fixed it.

Jim