[rt-users] Easiest distro for RT 3?

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Wed Feb 18 09:12:42 EST 2004

Phil Lawrence wrote:
> I currently have RedHat 7.3 on our RT 2 server.  I plan to switch to a
> new distro soon, and make the switch to RT3 at the same time.
>
> I thought I might wait for the next Fedora release (2.6 kernel, etc.),
> but thought I might ask which distro is the easiest to configure and
> administer with RT.
>
> Opinions?
That distro which you know better.
If you read this list then you can see that people use it on different
systems: RH7,8,9, FreeBSD, Windows, Solaris, Debian, Fedora...

May be on systems where mp2 by default FastCGI is easy way.

If you want non ascii support you have to use perl5.8.3 which no one
provide so you should build your own perl package, RPM...

Some distro still use MySQL 3.x, but it's *better* use 4.0.x

There is installation guides on wiki.bestpractical.com for several
platforms.

We use RH9 with manualy compiled Apache1,mp1,perl...