[rt-users] Re: rt-mailgate problem with 'SSLVerifyClient require'

Cerion Armour-Brown cerion at terpsichore.ws
Fri Feb 20 05:06:07 EST 2004

On Friday 20 February 2004 02:29, seph wrote:
> > Yep - I need this to run over the internet.
> >
> > I would have thought it was possible to set up apache so it didn't
> > require client certs from localhost... but I don't even know if I'm
> > asking the right questions!
> > Cerion
>
> It is possible to set apache up to not require ssl or clients certs or
> whatever from localhost (or any other specific address). Apache's auth
> systems is very flexible, make use of the Satisfy directive and read
> apache's docs. Or search the mailing list hard enough for the last
> time it was posted.
>
> seph

Really appreciate the feedback, but if you mean this:
---
        Alias /rt3/REST/1.0  /opt/rt3/share/html/REST/1.0
        <Location "/rt3/REST/1.0">
                Satisfy Any
                Options FollowSymLinks Indexes ExecCGI
                AllowOverride None
                Order deny,allow
                Allow from localhost
        </Location>
---
It doesn't work for me, if I also set "SSLVerifyClient require"

Can you verify that it _should_ work?
Thanks,
Cerion