[rt-users] Viewing tickets with activity in the last X hours

Adolfo Santiago mailbag at anothernet.com
Fri Feb 20 11:55:42 EST 2004

How do you create a search, that can be saved and works when clicked on,
that allows you to view tickets with activity (last update) in the last X
hours?

We have the search criteria down on RT 3.0.8.  For example, if we want to
view all tickets updated in the last 12 hours, and we are on the U.S. east
coast, which is GMT -5 hours:

Last Updated | After | -17 Hours

The -17 hours = going back 12 hours (-12) + -5 hours because the database
deals in GMT.  It is very important to specify "hours".

The problem is that bookmarks we save with this criteria don't work.  They
end up giving us random results, usually based on other criteria we may have
had in view before we clicked on the bookmark.

What are we doing wrong?  We are clicking on the "Bookmarkable URL for this
search" link before saving the bookmark.

And, is there any way around the GMT thing?  People are really barking at
having to do the math, even as amazingly simple as it is (number of hours
going back + 5, add a negative sign in front and the text "hours" at the
end).

Thanks.

Chago