[rt-users] Re: AD/NT Authentication

seph seph at directionless.org
Fri Feb 20 19:49:52 EST 2004

>>Set($WebExternalAuth , 1 );
>
> That seemed to only work for users that I already have in the RT db.
> You got me in the right place though. I found this and it finished it
> all up.

That's correct, rt still needs to have its own concept of the
user. I've seen patches to make rt use an external user db, but I
tend to prefer having rt autocreate users as needed. There's a setting
that controls whether rt autocreates authenticated web users, and an
overlayable function (in Interface/Web) that sets the user info.

seph