[rt-users] Installing RT3 database on Debian Stable

Jamie Baddeley jamie.baddeley at fx.net.nz
Sun Feb 22 17:56:50 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm creating a setup where I have RT3 frontend running on Debian Sid,
and the Postgres DB running on a different machine that has Debian
Stable.

I've run into a snag, where I'm trying to use the rt-setup-database to
populate postgres.

Of course rt-setup-database is expecting some perl modules that don't
exist on my stable machine. :-(

I've managed to workaround this by pinning the machine to testing, and
apt-getting the required perl libraries:
i.e.
liblocale-maketext-fuzzy-perl
liblocale-maketext-lexicon-perl
liblocale-maketext-perl

and copying the specific RT modules over:
/usr/share/perl5/RT.pm
/usr/share/perl5/RT/I18N.pm

This was working well until I hit this one:

Can't locate Encode/compat.pm in @INC

I can't find this module anywhere in debian packages.

I'm left with two choices:
a) manually install Encode::compat from CPAN
b) Find a way of populating the database with out needing to use
rt-setup-database.

Has anyone else tried this sort of thing, or am I on my own?

Help?

TIA

jamie