[rt-users] RT on perl 5.6.1

Rick Rezinas rick.rezinas at qsent.com
Wed Feb 25 21:25:55 EST 2004

I had to transition smoothly, which a major perl upgrade can make a
massive headache, so rather than upgrade perl (which has dependencies
across the poor little box RT runs on) I installed a new version in
/usr/local/bin2 (lame, I know...maybe opt would be preferable) and
compiled mod_perl and RT and all of the myriad modules against that, and
blammo!  Less headaches, and I'm just now starting to think about moving
perl back to /usr/local/bin...though since I'm at 5.8.2, maybe I'll do
the same switchy to get back.

Just make sure that you call the right perl when you CPAN.

rick