[rt-users] Re: Custom Fields Search

Toni Mueller support-rt at oeko.net
Fri Feb 27 05:41:11 EST 2004

Hi,

On Thu, 26.02.2004 at 17:48:00 +0100, Toni Mueller <support-rt at oeko.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 26.01.2004 at 13:55:36 -0500, Linda Julien <julien at bestpractical.com> wrote:
> > Global custom fields should appear in the search UI.
> This is 3.0.8 + Pg 7.4.1 on Debian unstable.

yesterday I upgraded to 3.0.9, and the problem persists.

The idea is to group tickets by the custom field.

Although I'm not sure where the information is kept, there is a global
table "customfieldvalues" which is empty. I formerly had such custom
fields on a per-queue basis until I decided to have only a global one.
Therefore I disabled the per-queue fields and introduced the global
one (all with the same name, you guessed it).

Of course, I made sure to enter the data I can't search for in this
field only _after_ I modified the queue...

OT, but 3.0.9 seems to be a speed improvement over 3.0.8 again.

Best,
--Toni++