[rt-users] Searching merged tickets yields missing results

Ben Goodwin ben at atomicmatrix.net
Tue Jan 6 12:57:07 EST 2004

For now, I've commented out the following code in
lib/RT/Tickets_Overlay_SQL.pm

  # We only want to look at EffectiveId's (mostly) for these searches.
  unless (exists $self->{_sql_looking_at}{'effectiveid'}) {
  $self->SUPER::Limit( FIELD           => 'EffectiveId',
                     ENTRYAGGREGATOR => 'AND',
                     OPERATOR        => '=',
                     QUOTEVALUE      => 0,
                     VALUE           => 'main.id'
    );    #TODO, we shouldn't be hard #coding the tablename to main.
    }

I realize two problems this will create, which I can live with for now
(recalling tickets 1269 and 1270, 1269 contains 'testcandidate1' and 1270
contains 'testcandidate2' and 1270 was merged into 1269)
1) Searching for 'testcandidate2' will result in link to ticket 1270 instead
of 1269
2) Search results will contain duplicate ticket numbers (well, they'll show
as different numbers, but they point at the same effective ticket) if a
match is found across multiple tickets that are now merged

I'm not sure of the proper way to solve this problem.

    -=| Ben