[rt-users] RE: Installation problem

Greg White gregw-rt-users at greg.cex.ca
Tue Jan 6 19:28:01 EST 2004

On Tue Jan 01/06/04, 2004 at 04:50:54PM -0700, Kastl, Rebecca E. wrote:
> That is the correct hostname.
>
> There is both an "A" record and a "CNAME" record for "vg-linux" and
> "vg-linux-01" respectively.

Original error: dbi:Pg:dbname=template1;host=vg-linux.corp.varistygold.com

Either you've made a cut'n'paste error transcribing the error in your
original message, or your mail headers are misleading us as to the
nature of your internal DNS structure - I _highly_ doubt that your
internal DNS structure contains:

varistygold.com

N.B. the transposition of characters. If your DNS structure _is_ put
together this way, please accept my apologies and smack those who
administer your DNS. :)

--
Greg White