[rt-users] Re: Dealing with ex-employees

Derek J. Balling dredd at megacity.org
Wed Jan 7 14:19:04 EST 2004

On Jan 7, 2004, at 2:10 PM, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 02:06:53PM -0500, Damian Gerow wrote:
>> Thus spake seph (seph at directionless.org) [07/01/04 14:01]:
>>>
>>> the privileged/non-privileged distinction might be useful here. Or
>>> groups may provide a useful abstraction barrier.
>>
>> Yes, but if we leave the account with access to RT, they can continue
>> correspond via e-mail to older tickets that they owned.  While this
>> isn't
>> likely, it's something we'd like to avoid.
>
> Setting bob's email address to "" should take care of that issue.

... and for the SECOND person that needs to happen for?

To the best of my understanding, RT isn't very forgiving on having
multiple users with the same e-mail address.

I mentioned this once before, but this is a really serious design flaw,
based on an unfounded assumption that an e-mail address will never be
re-used by a different person, that person having potentially
completely different responsibilities or levels of security.