[rt-users] What is stage under creating scrips?

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Thu Jan 8 10:21:01 EST 2004

Guillaume Perréal wrote:
> Ruslan U. Zakirov a écrit :
>
>> Jeff Minelli wrote:
>>
>>> When one creates a scrip for a queue, there is a dropdown field for
>>> Stage which contains TransactionCreate and TransactionBatch. What are
>>> they, and how does one choose which on to use?
>>

> The response is "TransactionCreate" which is original RT behaviour.
>
>> Wow.
>> If I understand right it's most impressive feature in last version.
>> One request to WebUI can create more then one transaction.
>> Eg: Resolve = Status change + Reply or Comment + ...
>

>  From what I read from sources, I think the following events happen in
> this order (based on your sample) :
>
> During request :
> 1) "Status change" triggers scrips at TransactionCreate stage,
> 2) "Reply" triggers scripts at TransactionCreate stage.
>
> At end of Ticket object lifetime :
> 1) "Status change" triggers scrips at TransactionBatch stage,
> 2) "Reply" triggers scrips at TransactionBatch stage.
>
> The tricky point is "end of Ticket object lifetime" that sounds to me
> like "at random" but I may be wrong.
I didn't look at sources yet, but I think lifetime == apache request
circle. As I know main code and SearchBuilder cache system all instances
drop after respond was sent to user back.

> Except this point, it seems to be a very interesting feature.
>
> I also heard about separating actions' "prepare" and "commit" phases to
> prepare all actions then to commit them all instead of preparing then
> commiting each action before the next one. What about this for now ?
Didn't track all RT changes in last releases and skip this feature also.
Anounce is silent about it too. Thanks Jeff for bringing to light.
:)

I'm going to upgrade ASAP. I need this feature.