[rt-users] Re: UTF-8 problems

Ondřej Surý sury.ondrej at globe.cz
Wed Jan 14 09:51:15 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 10:11, Samuel Tardieu wrote:

> > We have a problem here with RT 3.0.7_01 with handling of
> > localized messages that come into the system. The problem is that
> > some messages are being converted to utf-8 TWICE, while being
> > injected into the database. As a result, broken utf-8 encoding
> > appears.
>
> This must be similar to my problem report, and your description looks
> much more accurate. I hope this will give RT developers better hints
> to find the problem.

We have same problems here.  Installing hacked IO::Stringy fixed
corrupted attachments problem, but double encoding problem still
persist.

Jesse I can setup test environment with remote access and example
corrupted messages for you, if you are interested?

O.
--
Ondřej Surý <sury.ondrej at globe.cz>
Globe Internet s.r.o.