[rt-users] common.pm error or [occasional "Unsupported conversion"...] or [autohandler:40 error]

Paulo Matos pjsm at fct.unl.pt
Wed Jan 14 10:36:26 EST 2004

	Hi nick!

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Nick Kishfy wrote:

> Any ideas? I'm been running RT for months without error but this one
> starting popping up today.

	I have the exact same problem you do. If you look at the
mailing list archive, subjects like:

	* occasional "Unsupported conversion" error in autohandler
	* autohandler:40 error

will describe the same problem as well.

	As far as I understand there are issues with perl-5.6.x (this is
the version stocked with redhat-7.3) and utf-8, and since RT uses utf-8
internally we're stucked.

	Either we upgrade perl (which I hope it solve the problem) or we
live with the error which until now doesn't seem to damage anything
(but probably do)...

	I couldn't see any report saying the problem is *indeed* solved by
upgrading perl... Can anyone of you who have experienced this, say
something please?

	Regards,

	Paulo Matos
|Sys & Net Admin                    | Serviço de Informática           |
|Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia | Tel: +351-21-2948596             |
|Universidade Nova de Lisboa        | Fax: +351-21-2948548             |
|P-2829-516 Caparica                | e-Mail: pjsm at fct.unl.pt          |