[rt-users] email messages converted to UTF-8 twice

Dirk Pape pape-rt at inf.fu-berlin.de
Mon Jan 19 11:53:03 EST 2004

Hello Jesse,

--Am Montag, 19. Januar 2004 11:43 Uhr -0500 schrieb Jesse Vincent
<jesse at bestpractical.com>:

> I've heard reports that perl 5.8.3 fixes this issue. I'd love to hear
> either way.

I have upgraded from perl 5.8.2 to 5.8.3 three days ago and I have not seen
any double encodings since then. Normally there were several a day. So I am
quite confident, that the issue (for us here) is fixed with 5.8.3.

I will cry loud enough, if it turns out that I am wrong ;-)

Thanks,
Dirk.