[rt-users] login problems for users...

Raistlin PH raistlin_ph2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 21:19:13 EST 2004

hi all,

I'm a bit new at this so please bear with me.

I'm using RedHat 7.3, Apache 1.3.27, and rt-3-03. I was successful in installing all of it perl dependencies as well as configurations for apache. I am already able to login using root with its default password on the web UI of RT. I am already able to create users and groups etc... My problem is that, the users i created cannot login to the system. It always returns an error "your username or password is incorrect" on the web page. I've assigned passwords for these users, granting them privilege rights, tried giving them superuser rights, etc... to no avail. I was able to install a working RT a few months ago while evaluating it. Now i'm doing a fresh install for possible production scenario but this problem came in. Another weird thing, when i try to change the password of root, it is unable to recognize the new password. i had to drop the database using make dropdb and reinitialize the database again. I'm not sure if there is some sort of problem when it encrypts the password to
 the database or something. I can't see anything in the rt logs, for one reason or another, rt does not write in the log files although its in the configuration file already. Permission to this folder or the rt.log file is not a problem.

Help is greatly appreciated.

thanks guys
raist