[rt-users] Re: rt-users Digest, Vol 3, Issue 67

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue Jan 20 21:31:01 EST 2004

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 07:19:10PM -0700, Greg Deickman wrote:
> I will be out of the office from 1/21/04 to 1/26/04 and will return your
> email as soon as I get back.

Great, I hope you have fun. Although I believe that this message has
been sent to the global rt-users mailinglist in error.  I've arranged
for the return of your message, though I'm betting that
you don't want each and every one of the thousands of readers of this
mailinglist to return the copies they've received, as well.

Please don't enable vacation messages for public mailinglists. It's
quite annoying to the rest of us. And the enforcability of confidentiality
notices in unsolicited email messages is highly suspect. It's one thing
to manually insert it into sensitive correspondence. It's another to tag
mail sent to publically archived mailinglists with it.

	Jesse Vincent
	Best Practical