[rt-users] "DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Access denied for user:"

Guido Füth greyhound at klined.de
Thu Jan 22 06:43:55 EST 2004

Problem occured while initializing database of the Debian sarge package of
RT3. The complete error message is:

[Code]
# /usr/sbin/rt-setup-database --action init --dba rt3 --prompt-for-dba
password
In order to create a new database and grant RT access to that database,
this script needs to connect to your mysql instance on localhost as rt3.
Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no
database
password, just press return.

Password: Now creating a database for RT.
Creating mysql database rt3.
Now populating database schema.
Creating database schema.
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Access denied for user: 'rt3 at localhost' to
database 'rt3' at /usr/sbin/rt-setup-database line 189.
Problem with statement:

CREATE INDEX Attachments1 ON Attachments (Parent)
Access denied for user: 'rt3 at localhost' to database 'rt3' at
/usr/sbin/rt-setup-database line 190.
[/code]

Maybe someone has a hint for me, cause I cannot really "locate" the error.