[rt-users] Callback component not workig quite right.

AJ rt at musefoundry.com
Thu Jan 22 15:36:50 EST 2004

Actually I am having the same issue myself with Callbacks and accessing
values set within.

However, a simpler way to take care of your issue would be to add the
following code into the <%INIT> block of the SelectNewTicketQueue:
my $callargs=$m->caller_args(-1);
if ($callargs->{ValueOfQueue}) {
        $Default=$callargs->{ValueOfQueue};
} elsif ($callargs->{Queue}) {
        $Default=$callargs->{Queue};
}

That will set the default of the new ticket select to the queue you are in.

Now, back to callbacks:

The autohandler kicks off and runs the default callbacks by using
$m->comp($comp,%ARGS).  I have a call back that runs and it initializes some
variables but of course, under strict refs their scope is confined to the
callback.

I have tried the <%once>, <%shared>, <%attr>, and tried the 'return' perl
function but when I look at the component stack, using RTIR for example, Ill
see the base autohandler, the RTIR autohandler, and the page that was
called. The callbacks are not in there. This makes sence since the callbacks
are simply methods called by the autohandler, however, how do I get an
attribute or something set in the callback run by the autohandler to be
available to a child of the autohandler. I am not sure I can add to the
%ARGS hash.

Thanks in advance